Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dear Dunya,


Dear Dunya,
You suck.
You are like a mirage, you are beautiful from afar but the closer and closer I get to you, the more I realize how fake you are,
You are like a sour patch kid but you never turn sweet,
You are like a dandelion very beautiful but equally destructive,
You make me laugh as you make me cry.

You are so deceitful.
You make everything so tempting…
I know it is wrong but you make it sizzle like a fresh steak on a grill,
You make the worse of things seem like the best of things
You make sins seem pleasing,

But you know what…

I take it is a challenge, the more you tempt me, the more I will fight.
The more you make sins look pleasing the more good deeds I will perform,
The more spice you add to life, the more prayers I will pray to dampen down the heat,
You are not going to win,
You can catch me slipping but you will never catch me running,

Oh Allah please do not let me be deceived by this dunya and when sin hits my way, please have me run the opposite way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Panel


Blogroll